How long do Goodyear-welted shoes last?
Goodyear-welted shoes can last many years, even decades, with proper care.
On average, heavily worn but well-maintained Goodyear-welted shoes can last between 5-10 years.
A pair that is rotated out among a collection of shoes should last between 10 to 20 years. Here at Norman Vilalta, we have customers who have walked into our men's shoe boutique in Barcelona wearing a pair of Goodyear-welted shoes that they've had for 30 years.
To help Goodyear-welted shoes last, we recommended to:
- Rotate shoes regularly to evenly distribute wear
- Clean and polish leather regularly
- Condition the leather to keep it hydrated using shoe creams
- Have the soles and heels replaced as needed
- Store shoes in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.
Want to know more? Read more about the benefits of Goodyear-welted shoes
Want a pair of Goodyear-welted shoes? View our Goodyear-welted and hand-finished Condal Collection today.